Fuzzy Labs are a Manchester based startup that have cut our teeth building interesting AI solutions for our clients. We’re now growing the business and our team, focussing on Open Source MLOps as our speciality.
In case you’re new to it, MLOps is pretty much DevOps for machine learning. But don’t worry, you won’t need an existing MLOps background to apply for this role. You’ll learn as you go, alongside the rest of the team.
What we're looking for
This is an opportunity for an ambitious graduate to join our growing team and help deliver MLOps projects to our customers. The ideal candidate will not only be an exceptional engineer, but also motivated by the opportunity to be at the forefront of MLOPs adoption.
Our plan for 2022 is to establish ourselves as Open Source MLOps experts, working with the community and delivering solutions to our clients, whilst gaining a better understanding of how we can scale what we deliver.
We understand that as a graduate you have a lot to learn about the commercial world and we want to help you on that journey. It will be a steep learning curve with us but a very rewarding one that will challenge and fulfil you.
A typical day
You’ll work within a small team of engineers and take part in every stage of the project delivery lifecycle, including:
- Working with customers to understand their needs and recommend appropriate solutions, and supporting the customer on an on-going basis.
- Implementing features to a high standard of engineering, which includes good documentation and automated testing.
- Taking part in sprint planning sessions, retrospectives and code reviews,
- Staying up-to-date with a fast-moving industry, embracing new tools and frameworks,
- Working as part of the team, sharing and reviewing ideas, and communicating your ideas well with colleagues and customers alike.
- Based in Greater Manchester, UK (hybrid working available).
- Graduates with an interest in data science & machine learning.
- A passion for coding, data science, and open source technologies.
- Good communication skills (or the desire to develop them!); both in customer-facing and internal team communication.
- A solid background in Python programming and willingness to learn new languages and technologies as needed.
- (Nice to have) Some experience with cloud computing, for example AWS, Google Cloud or Azure, along with modern DevOps tools and techniques.
- (Nice to have) Some experience in our core software tooling: Git, Unix/Linux, Docker, CI/CD. Has a strong opinion on their IDE / editor of choice ;)
- Familiarity with modern machine learning tools, for instance TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch or SKLearn. Commercial experience with these is not essential.
- Knowledge of MLOps is not essential, but some awareness of this emerging space is good to have.
By joining a small company you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on its future. There’s plenty of room for growth and we’ll work with you to help you realise your technical and personal ambitions because your success and the company’s success are one and the same.
As part of our offer you’ll also be able to enrol in an employee share scheme after your probation period, giving you a real stake in the business.
Don’t worry, there’s no HR department. If you’d like to work with us, send us a CV and, most importantly, a link to your Github (or Bitbucket, etc). If you’ve got a Kaggle account, tech blog, cool side-project, or Instagram for your cat, dog, etc, send us that too.