At Fuzzy Labs we help our customers productionise machine learning through Open Source MLOps.As a tech-driven company, we’re renowned for the quality of our engineering, as well as our friendly, collaborative approach to our customers.
What we're looking for
This is an opportunity for an ambitious technical leader to take the next step in their career, taking on responsibility for delivering multiple projects as well as nurturing the technical team. On top of a strong engineering background, you should also have an interest in people and a drive to inspire those around you to do great things.
Due to the sensitive nature of some of our work, you may be required to undergo a UK government security clearance check after you start. See this link for more information.
A typical week
You’ll take on a range of responsibilities, leading the development team through technically challenging projects, helping to develop and grow the team, contributing to client proposals, and supporting the CTO in executing technical strategy.
- Working closely with the lead engineer(s) to advise on technology, ensure quality of delivery, and remove blockers.
- Working closely with customers to understand their needs, communicating project status, and supporting the customer on an on-going basis
- Managing the technical team’s work schedule, allocating teams to projects, and leading project kickoffs..
People and growth
- Managing progression within the team by running 1 to 1s, and leading the development of our people.
- Leading the hiring technical roles within the team.
- Supporting the CTO in writing proposals for new clients
Leading by example
- Working as part of the team, sharing and reviewing ideas, mentoring and guiding team members through technology, architecture, and implementation details.
- Staying up-to-date with a fast-moving industry, embracing new tools and frameworks.
- Leading by example: demonstrating what good looks like through doing.
As well as client work, we also set aside time to work on R&D projects and produce content in the form of blogs and videos. This is how we keep on top of a fast-moving technology landscape, in addition to being our greatest source of marketing.
- Based in Greater Manchester, UK. We’re a hybrid working team, typically spending 2-3 days in the office each week.
- Eligible for UK government security clearance.
- A passion for coding, data science, and open source technologies.
- Prior experience in a technical leadership role.
- Experience mentoring technical people from junior to senior level.
- Excellent communication skills; both in customer-facing and internal team communication.
- Experience with agile software development methodology.
- Good Python coding skills.
- Experience with cloud computing, for example AWS, Google Cloud or Azure, along with modern DevOps and MLOps.
- Fluent in our core software tooling: Git, Unix/Linux, Docker, CI/CD. A strong opinion on your IDE / editor of choice is welcome ;)
- Familiarity with modern machine learning tools, for instance TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch or SKLearn.
By joining a small company you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on its future. There’s plenty of room for growth and we’ll work with you to help you realise your technical and personal ambitions because your success and the company’s success are one and the same.
As part of our offer you’ll also be able to enrol in an employee share scheme after your probation period, giving you a real stake in the business.
If you’d like to work with us, send us a CV and, most importantly, a link to your Github (or Bitbucket, etc). If you’ve got a Kaggle account, tech blog, cool side-project, or Instagram for your cat, dog, etc, send us that too.