Fuzzy Labs are a Manchester based startup that have cut our teeth building interesting AI solutions for our clients. We’re now growing the business and our team, focussing on Open Source MLOps as our speciality.
In case you’re new to it, MLOps is pretty much DevOps for machine learning. But don’t worry, you won’t need an existing MLOps background to apply for this role. You’ll learn as you go, alongside the rest of the team.
What we're looking for
This is an opportunity for an ambitious senior software engineer to take a leading role in our growing team. If you’re not only an exceptional engineer, but also have an interest in people, and what inspires those around you to do great things, then you’re the right fit for this role.
Our plan for 2022 is to establish ourselves as Open Source MLOps experts, working with the community and delivering solutions to our clients, whilst gaining a better understanding of how we can scale what we deliver. The ideal candidate would be motivated to grow with the company and progress to a head of engineering role inline with our ambitions.
As well as being a hands-on technologist and spending a lot of your time in the code, you’ll take overall responsibility for project delivery, customer communication, and team leadership. This includes:
- Working closely with the customer to understand their needs and recommend appropriate solutions, and supporting the customer on an on-going basis.
- Leading sprint planning sessions, retrospectives and code reviews,
- Staying up-to-date with a fast-moving industry, embracing new tools and frameworks,
- Working as part of the team, sharing and reviewing ideas, mentoring and guiding team members through technology architecture and implementation details,
- Leading by example: demonstrating what good looks like through doing,
- Helping to grow the team by taking part in hiring and interviewing
- Based in Greater Manchester, UK (hybrid working available).
- A passion for coding, data science, and open source technologies.
- 2+ years of experience in a senior engineering role.
- Ability to lead and mentor a small team of developers.
- Excellent communication skills; both in customer-facing and internal team communication.
- Experience delivering software using an agile development methodology.
- Fluency in Python programming and willingness to learn new languages and technologies as needed. Knowledge of Go is a plus.
- Experience with cloud computing, for example AWS, Google Cloud or Azure, along with modern DevOps tools and techniques.
- Fluent in our core software tooling: Git, Unix/Linux, Docker, CI/CD. Has a strong opinion on their IDE / editor of choice ;)
- Familiarity with modern machine learning tools, for instance TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch or SKLearn. Commercial experience with these is not essential.
- Knowledge of MLOps is not essential, but some awareness of this emerging space is good to have.
By joining a small company you’ll have the chance to make a real impact on its future. There’s plenty of room for growth and we’ll work with you to help you realise your technical and personal ambitions because your success and the company’s success are one and the same.
As part of our offer you’ll also be able to enrol in an employee share scheme after your probation period, giving you a real stake in the business.
Don’t worry, there’s no HR department. If you’d like to work with us, send us a CV and, most importantly, a link to your Github (or Bitbucket, etc). If you’ve got a Kaggle account, tech blog, cool side-project, or Instagram for your cat, dog, etc, send us that too.